REGISTRATION: 8 AM-10:30 AM, AUCTION begins at 10:30 AM
These rules apply to all CCAC auctions with two exception, The registration and starting time does not apply to monthly meeting auctions, and you must be a paying member to bid or sell at the monthly auctions. Our Spring and Fall auctions are open to the public.
Use our downloadable auction form here. See 1st page for instructions.
Rules changes are highlighted in REDbelow with the date of the change at the end of the line.
- Sellers will receive three different colored dots to be placed on there bags. (3/24/11)
- Colors will be divided equally among total registered items. (3/24/11)
- The order of sale will be determined randomly by a drawing at the beginning of the auction. The auctioneer pulling the corresponding colors from a "hat" to determine order of sale (3/24/11)
- All fish registered after 10:45 AM will receive black dots and will be auctioned last. (3/24/11)
1. All items offered for sale must be hobby related.
2. Equipment must be clean and noted as to quality and workability. Seller should be willing to guarantee the quality of equipment.
Thereis no maximum number of items you can sell, but a restriction of 10 like species or like dry good items submitted per seller and no more than 20 total dry goods items per seller. UG filters must be complete. Medicines must not be outdated. (6/10/2010)
4. All livestock must be clearly identified with scientific or common name, number of fish in bag identified as a pair, (m/f), breeding pair (m/f that have spawned), or sex if known, and also Sellerís assigned number.
5. Livestock must be healthy. No fish visibly diseased will be sold in the auction.
6. No Ziplock or sandwich bags or twisty ties allowed for fish or plants.
7. Fish must be bagged properly as follows:
a) All fish are to be double bagged in proper bags. Breather Bags May be used.
b) Sufficient air space must be left in the bag to ensure health of fish. 1/3 water----2/3 air
c) Bag or container must be large enough to handle fish. Aggressive fish should be bagged individually. DO NOT CROWD THEM
d) Fish capable of destroying or damaging the bag, must be bagged in multiple bags or use
appropriate container. Glass or specimen containers are not appropriate. If you use one of the popular soft drink wide mouth containers, it must not be colored. Fish must be visible.
e) Bag buddies and ammonia sponges are acceptable. Fish must be clearly visible.
f) There will be a 50 cents re-bagging fee.
8. Bids will be accepted in dollar increments.
9. Minimum bids are allowed and need to be clearly marked on the auction ticket and auction form.
10. Auction split will be 70/30 with 70% going to seller and the remaining 30% being retained by the Circle City Aquarium Club.
11. All purchases must be paid for on day of sale. NO EXCEPTIONS. Sellers will not be permitted to credit purchases against sales.
12. All purchases become the responsibility of the buyer when sold.
13. NO felt or gel pens are to be used on bags or tags!!!
14. All bags/items left after the conclusion of the auction become the property of the Circle City Aquarium Club.
15. PAYOUTS to sellers will take place within 14 days following the auction.
16. We of the CCAC, nor the auction location site, will not and cannot be held liable for injuries, or lost or stolen items while on these premises.
17. Buyers pay cash for each item as auctioned, or leave a signed check with the cashier after showing Drivers license or state ID.
18. We will be accepting checks, for payment. A $25 fee will be charged for any non-sufficient funds or returned check. Refusal to pay bad check and fee will result in prosecution.
19. Sellers will receive three different colored dots to be placed on their bags. (3/24/11)
20. Colors will be divided equally among total registered items. (3/24/11)
21. The order of sale will be determined randomly by a drawing at the beginning of the auction. The auctioneer pulling the corresponding colors from a "hat" to determine order of sale (3/24/11)
22. All items registered after 10:45 AM will receive black dots and will be auctioned last. (3/24/11)
23. Any item not sold will become property of CCAC or you may purchase item back for $1.00.
24. Any rules challenge decisions by the chair are final.
25. For a nominal fee of $3.00 you may move an item up to be auctioned immediately. Take the bag and ticket to runner for sale.
FOR MORE INFO: CALL or E-MAIL the persons below
Mike Dunagan email@example.com
Hedy 317- 255-0121 or e-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org
Ryan Mcduffy email@example.com